Sunday, June 7, 2015

Handworks Photo Dump

I know I am several weeks late in posting about Handworks, but as promised, here it is.  The conference was a blast!  I met a lot of very interesting people and got my hands on a lot of tools that otherwise I would not have the opportunity to do so.  I also went to the Studley tool chest exhibit in Cedar Rapids.  I got to see the chest, workbench, and even met Don Williams, who organized the exhibit, and wrote the book Virtuoso: The Tool Cabinet and Workbench of Henry O. Studley.

Here are the photos from the exhibit:






 Some notable people who were at the conference were Carl Bilderback and Roy Underhill.  Mr. Bilderback sang the national anthem Saturday morning, and I must say, for a man of his age he has an amazing voice.  Roy Underhill made a presentation about the history of the axe, which surprised me by being almost like a stand-up comedy act.  The full presentation is on the Benchcrafted blog here.  I got to meet both of these influential men in person.  I had been waiting for a long time to shake their hands, and it was well worth it.



All in all, it was an amazing weekend.  I had been waiting impatiently for it for months, and it did not disappoint.  I am so glad to have been able to make it to this incredible event, and I doubt that there will be any other conferences that are anywhere near as spectacular as this year's.





No comments:

Post a Comment